ABOUT US APPLY ACADEMICS NEWS ATHLETICS STUDENT LIFE ALUMNI CONTACTS

ABOUT US
Our History
APPLY
ACADEMICS
NEWS & UPDATES
ATHLETICS
STUDENT LIFE
ALUMNI
CONTACTS

About Us

St. John's College was founded in 1947 by the Anglican Diocese, with 7 teachers and 135 students under the direction of Bishop Spense Burton. Being the first secondary school of the Church of England in the Bahamas, it was named after the patron saint of the Diocese. It was located on Market Street until its relocation in 1979 to Bethel Avenue as a comprehensive school combining St. John's College Secondary and Cathedral Grammer which became known ast St. John's College Preparatory.

St. Johns has always reflected the ethose of the Anglican Diocese, to provide access to quality education regardless of race, or social class. From humble beginnings has sprung an educational institution which has produced national leaders in every arena of Bahamian life. St. John's College remains committed to its legacy of excellence and to building a promising future for The Bahamas

 

Our Motto
Respice, Adspice, Prospice: Look to the Past, Present and Future



School Hymn
“Praise to the Lord the Almighty”




 

 

St. John's College | P.O. Box SS-6256 | Nassau, Bahamas
Phone: 242.322.3249 | Fax: 242.322.7941 | info.sjc@aceaschools.org